Thursday, October 04, 2007

Mother Trouble

Posted by Anonymous*

I tried to ask for financial help from my mom... I'm currently earning $10 per day (that is due to demographical reasons, I'm not in U.S. and she is) I asked her for like $200 atleast.. I know it is much. she's earning more than $20 per hour... and that is not my point. That is her money. I just don't want her to say that THE ONLY WAY SHE COULD HELP ME IS WHEN SHE DIES AND I GOT TO HAVE HER INSURANCE BENEFIT. It hurts so bad, God knows that I am not looking forward to it.. and I just needed a little help. She could have just said NO or just ignored me... I couldn't wait the day I could give her money, and can afford a vacation for her at my expense and show her that if ever I would be successful, I wouldn't be like her... how I wished I could afford an insurance and make her my sole beneficiary and that I would be the first to die so she can benefit from my insurance. I wanted to say to her that she could erase my name from her insurance, even if I am her only child, but it would hurt her.. but why does she keep on hurting me while I am asking for help? I have never been a burden to her.... it hurts so bad... I wanted to die.

*originally posted as comment to Her Bad Anger.

5 comments:

flutter said...

Oh my god. I just I don't know what to say. I am so so sorry

motherbumper said...

I am so sad that she is hurting you like this. Please stay strong. I wish I could help.

Violet said...

I'm sorry. I know what it is like to struggle. Please try & stay strong.

Liv said...

hang in there. this cannot be easy.

moplans said...

My parents are like this too. In a way its not about the money, it is about, as you say, just making you feel badly by any means.
I'm sorry you have to deal with this.